This program is for students interested in expanding their knowledge about content including the history, politics, economics, languages, media, cinema, and literatures related to East Asia. Please see the East Asia Program website for additional information.
- Students must earn 15 credit hours of INTA, HTS, LMC, ML, and ECON courses. See list below for approved minor courses listed in the Georgia Tech course catalog.
- Nine (9) of the 15 hours must be 3000-level courses or higher.
- Courses must be taken from at least two schools in the IAC.
- At least one course must be a CHIN, JAPN or KOR course offered by the School of Modern Languages (these courses may be taught in the target language and require language prerequisites).
- With the approval of a co-coordinator, a student may count one course taken outside Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts toward the minor; if approved by a co-coordinator, this course may be taken at another university.
- Special topics courses may be counted toward the minor; these courses must be approved by a co-coordinator.
Additional minor requirements can be found by reviewing the East Asian Studies Minor page in the Georgia Tech Course Catalog.