Welcome to Linguistics Program at Tech!
Linguistics at Tech is an interdisciplinary program with courses offered through the School of Modern Languages, the School of Psychology, and the School of Interactive Computing. The program offers a Linguistics minor (beginning Summer 2018) with two tracks: General Linguistics and Language Processing (pending approval) as well as a Linguistics certificate with the same two track options.
The Linguistics program connects studies of the physical structures and mental processes involved in human language; the psychological and social/societal factors that enable humans to acquire, use, comprehend and produce language; and the application of computer science to the analysis and synthesis of language and speech. The program is designed for undergraduates who will enter a wide range of careers, such as language education, educational design, programming, human/computer interaction, and more!
Faculty and Collaborators
School of Interactive Computing
- Dr. William E. Underwood, Principal Research Scientist. Georgia Tech Research Institute (ITTL)
- Dr. Jacob Eisenstein, Assistant Professor, School of Interactive Computing
- Dr. Charles Isbell, Professor, School of Interactive Computing. Senior Associate Dean
School of Psychology
- Dr. Dan Spieler, Associate Professor.
- Dr. Jenny L. Singleton, Professor
School of Modern Languages
- Dr. Rumiko Shinzato-Simons, Professor (Japanese and Linguistics)
- Dr. Angela Labarca, Professor (Professor Emerita of Spanish and Linguistics)
- Dr. Kyoko Masuda, Associate Professor (Japanese and Linguistics)
- Dr. Cecilia Montes-Alcala, Associate Professor (Spanish and Linguistics)
- Dr. Jin Liu, Associate Professor (Chinese and Linguistics)
- Dr. Yongtaek Kim, Associate Professor (Korean and Linguistics)
- Dr. Satomi Suzuki-Chenoweth, Lecturer (Japanese and Linguistics)
- Dr. Wei Wang, Teaching Postdoc (Chinese and Linguistics)
- Dr. Viola Green, Teaching Postdoc (French and Linguistics)