This program is designed for students who wish to develop their language skills to at least an intermediate level in Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian Studies, or Spanish, and who wish to gain a greater depth of knowledge about the language and culture(s).
- Students must earn 15 credit hours of language electives in a single language:
- Must be 2002 (or, equivalent-see advisor), 3000-, or 4000-level courses.
- At least twelve credit hours must be 3000-level or higher.
- Three (3) hours of 34XX may be counted among the total hours for the minor.
- Must be 3000- or 4000-level courses.
- French and German, three hours 34XX may be counted among the total hours for the minor.
All upper-division courses in a language may count towards the minor requirements, though there are limits on the total number of special topics, special problems, and undergraduate research courses (see additional minor requirements)
Russian Program Director may substitute up to 3 credit hours of Russian-focused INTA or LMC courses to fulfill Russian minor requirements, if necessary.
Additional minor requirements can be found by reviewing the appropriate language minor page in the Georgia Tech Course Catalog.