Master a critical need language to a professional level within the context of a four-year degree, and immerse yourself in one of the world’s richest cultures. The Russian Program offers a Bachelor of Science degree in three areas, ALIS, IAML and GEML, as well as a minor and certificate in Russian Studies.
Aspects of the Russian Program
- On-campus courses in the Russian language through the 3rd year and content courses taught in Russian at the 4th-year level.
- Courses in literature, culture, and film with reading and discussion in English.
- A Minor or Certificate in Russian Studies with electives offered in Modern Languages, International Affairs, Economics, History and Sociology, and Literature, Media, and Communication.
- The possibility of receiving your degree with the International Plan designator (reflecting a minimum of 26 weeks abroad spent in study, research or internship). The Modern Languages IP advisor is Bettina Cochran.
Summer Intensive Language Programs in Riga and St. Petersburg
- Russian Language for Business and Technology (LBAT) Program: Eight weeks of intensive advanced language study for students who have completed RUSS 2002. The application deadline is February 15.
- "Spring Track" Summer Intensive Russian: Take RUSS 1001 in spring and study in Riga and St. Petersburg this summer.
Academic study abroad
- For social science majors at the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- For engineers, scientists and others at Saint Petersburg State Polytechnical University
- In individually designed programs for other majors (for instance, Architecture at St. Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering [Meg Morris, 2008-09])
Additional Georgia Tech Russian Resources
- Georgia Tech Russian Club. Sign up for the Russian Club mailing list, which also announces many local cultural events.
- A two-year sequence of online courses with live instructor contact.
- Diagram of our three tracks to linguistic and cultural proficiency — "Main Track," "Spring Track," and "Heritage Speaker Track"
- Day of Russian Culture 2015
- Russian Television is on GTCN! Georgia Tech channel 102 is television channel НТВ