Transfer Credit

Complete rules and guidelines concerning transfer credits are available in the Georgia Tech Course Catalog. Only official transcripts from other schools may be used to evaluate and/or award credit.

Requesting Transfer Credit for Courses Not Previously Evaluated

  1. Check the online equivalency database for updates. New evaluations are posted daily.
  2. Notify the Office of the Registrar's Transfer Credit Department of any not-awarded credit. Send an email to 
  3. Using the Transfer Credit website, submit courses for evaluation. 

FCA Foreign Transfer Credit

The School of Modern Languages may accept all language program-related transfer credit for students a) participating in a Georgia Tech-approved study abroad program or b) enrolled in the International Plan.  Transfer of credit from a foreign university requires students to complete coursework abroad with a certified grade equivalent of C or higher. Transfer credit should be arranged before the student participates in the study-abroad program.

The FCA form can be found on the OIE website:

Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) 

For Advanced Placement (AP), visit the Advanced Placement page for more information.

For International Baccalaureate (IB), visit the International Baccalaureate page for more information.

For any additional questions, contact Mirla Gonzalez, assistant director of undergraduate studies.