Application Process and Scholarships
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
- Space is limited! Apply online as early as mid-September through the Office of International Education (OIE)
- You also need to let Dr. Gall, the program director, know right away by sending her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acceptance is on a first come first serve basis.
- If you are a non-Georgia Tech (Transient/Special) student, you can now apply directly online through OIE. Please go to Application Procedures for Transient/Special/Non-Degree Students (Non-Georgia Tech Students) for details. Note: A strict February 15 deadline for non-Georgia Tech applicants is imposed by the Registrar. No non-Georgia Tech applications will be accepted after this deadline!
- Incentive scholarships of $100 to $200 (to be determined) if application is submitted before October 31, 2019. To apply, please write a one page letter explaining your academic goals, the program(s) you wish to go on, and how this experience will impact your future academic and career goals. Please submit this letter to Dr. Julie Hugonny (email@example.com) AND Dr. Lionel Gall (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject LBAT Scholarship 2020 before October 31, 2019.
Students are also encouraged to apply for financial aid and can choose from the following options:
- Campoamor: Georgia Tech students may apply to the Program Director for for the Modern Languages' Campoamor scholarship (appr. $400). HOPE scholarship does apply.
- The French Embassy Benjamin Franklin Study Abroad Scholarship http://highereducation.frenchculture.org/grants-and-fellowships/ben-franklin-grant
- Bourse Jeanne Marandon: http://www.spffa-us.org/Bourses.html
- Gilman Scholarship (Note: Deadline of Oct. 1): https://www.gilmanscholarship.org/applicants/deadlines-and-timeline/. Students must receive a Pell Grant to be eligible.
- OIE Administed Scholarships
- More: Check this page: http://www.finaid.gatech.edu
Non-Georgia Tech Student (Transient/Special) Application Hints
- Apply Online (Step One to get an ID and login takes 1 week):
- Complete 2 application steps, and there are items that you must mail in to OIE - very detailed instructions are on the OIE web site, with a checklist on page 6 of the Transient/Special Instruction Packet. Other forms are also in this packet to be completed with signatures from your university.
- Apply in the specific order listed on the OIE website in order to be given an ID and login to complete the process (start early since it takes a week to get the ID and login).
- The complete application deadline for summer is FIRM - FEBRUARY 15th. No late applications from transients can be considered - the application is turned off then. You need to have done your footwork more than a week in advance to work through all the info to apply.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Payment Schedule and Deadlines
The program fee is $5,400 for the Paris segment, and an extra $1,950 for Nice. Fee includes transportation from Roissy International airport, train ride to Nice, lodging, all breaksfasts, all dinners, books, site visits, field trips, and insurance. Airfaire is not included in the program fee.A $500 deposit is due at the time of application on the Atlas Study Abroad Portal from OIE http://atlas.gatech.edu/ and is applied to the overall program fee. For Paris only: first payment of $2,000 is due February 15th, balance of $2,900 is due March 15th. For Paris and Nice: $2,850 is due February 15th, balance of $4,000 is due March 15th. Payments are withdrawn directly from Oscar accounts on the deadline.
Fee Payment Information: Please adhere to the deadlines stated for the program. Please observe the information in Payment Options to ensure that your payments are processed at the Bursar’s Office on time. Fees will be charged to your Oscar account on the due dates. Make sure you make all necessary payments on time in order to avoid a hold on your account. Students expecting financial aid must submit a letter from the Financial Aid Office stating the allocation and date of payments expected. Tuition and student fees are due according to the Registrar’s schedule for summer tuition.
Students who (with the Program Director’s approval) apply and register for LBAT programs after the deadlines are responsible for Program Fee payments according to the original deadlines at the time of application or at the time of the applicant's acceptance.
Students canceling BEFORE February 15th, 2020, will lose their $500 deposit.
Students canceling AFTER February 15th, 2020, must pay 30% of the program fee.
Students canceling AFTER March 15th, 2020, must pay 100% of the program fee.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.