Additional program details including Frequently Asked Questions are available on the LBAT France Program Site.
Study for 7 weeks in the very heart of Paris, at the Maison Internationale des Jeunes et des Etudiants in the Quartier du Marais (4e arrondissement), next to the River Seine, only a few minutes' walk from Notre Dame and the Quartier Latin. As an option, you can add another two weeks to your stay and head for Nice, on the French Riviera, spend two weeks in the beautiful city of Nice, take walks on the Promenade des Anglais, enjoy the beach, etc.
In Paris, discover French culture, architecture and arts by visiting must-see sites such as the Louvre, the musée d'Orsay, the Château de Versailles. Take a cruise on the river Seine, see a play at the Théâtre de la Huchette, and more.
In Nice, discover French culture, architecture and arts by visiting must-see sites such as the musée Chagall, the Palais Princier in Monaco, the Monte Carlo casino, the musée Picasso in Antibes. Discover and visit Nice, Antibes, Cannes, Monaco, Monte Carlo, Saint-Paul de Vence. And... don't forget to enjoy the beach.
Paris and Nice, France
Paris: May 11 - June 30, 2017
Nice: June 30 - July, 16, 2017
Maison Internationale des Jeunes et des Etudiants in the Quartier du Marais: it is in the 4e arrondissement de Paris.
Depending on your level of French, you can choose one of two options in Paris:
- FREN 2005: LBAT Culture & Language (6 credits) - Dr. Nora Cottille-Foley & Dr. Michael Wiedorn
- FREN 3691: LBAT Business Communication & Correspondence in France (3 credits) - Dr. Lionel Gall
There are six distinct classes at the advanced level, taught by different GT professors. For each 2.5 week period, students may choose between two classes:
- FREN 3692: French for Business & Technology I (3 credits) - Dr. Nora Cottille-Foley *OR* FREN 3695: Technology and the Arts in Paris (3 credits) - Dr. Michael Weidorn
- FREN 3693: French for Business & Techology II (3 credits) - Dr. Nora Cottille-Foley *OR* FREN 3696: Media, Cinema, & Gloablization in Paris (3 credits) - Dr. Michael Weidorn
- FREN 3691: LBAT Business Communication & Correspondence in France (3 credits) - Dr. Lionel Gall *OR* FREN 3697: Cinema in Paris / Paris in Cinema (3 credits) - Dr. Stéphanie Boulard
Students on the program have the opportunity to continue studying in Nice at the 3000 level with FREN 3694 - French Culture and Society (3 credits) - Dr. Nora Cottille-Foley
- Paris only: 9 credits
- Paris & Nice: 12 credits
Second-Year LBAT: FREN 1002 or two years of French in high school
Third-Year LBAT: FREN 2002
- The program fee is $5,100 for the Paris segment and an extra $1,900 for the Nice segment. Fee includes transportation from Roissy International airport, train ride to Nice, lodging, all breaksfasts, all dinners, books, site visits, field trips, and insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: Airfare, Application fee, 9-12 credit hours tuition, visa, technology fee, independent ground transportation and meals
- Payment deadlines: A $250 application fee is due at the time of application (not included in the program fee). For Paris only: first payment of $2,600 is due February 15th, balance of $2,500 is due March 15th. For Paris and Nice: $3,600 is due Feb 15th, balance of $3,400 is due March 15th. Payments are withdrawn directly from Oscar accounts on the deadline.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
Information Sessions in Atlanta during week prior to departure