Application Deadline: February 15, 2019 (contact Dr. Foster for extension)
- Space is limited! Apply online through the Office of International Education (OIE)
- If you are a non-Georgia Tech (Transient/Special) student, you can now apply directly online through OIE. Please go to Application Procedures for Transient/Special/Non-Degree Students (Non-Georgia Tech Students) for details. Note: A strict February 15 deadline for non-Georgia Tech applicants is imposed by the Registrar. No non-Georgia Tech applications will be accepted after this deadline!
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $250 is required to secure your spot. This fee will be assessed when you apply.
- Program Fee $5200 for 2019
- February 15, 2019: $ first half (first installment) pending approval
- March 15, 2019: $ second half (second installment) pending approval
- Note: Full Program Fee may be submitted on or before February 15, 2019.
- HOPE Scholarship applies to this program!
- Modern Languages' Campoamor Scholarship (approx. $400). Application deadline is March 31st
- OIE List of Study Abroad Scholarships: It is recommended that you make an appointment with the Study Abroad Scholarship Advisor, Ashlee Flinn at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the available scholarships.
- Freeman Asia Foundation Scholarship (provides scholarships of up to $7,000; Application Deadline - TBD; Contact Ashlee Flinn at email@example.com to learn more.)
- Gilman Scholarship (2 deadlines on their website; according to one of our 2016 recipient alumni, it "actually really likes to give scholarships to study abroad programs in Asia these days")
Cancellation Policy: Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
*Fee Payment Information: Please adhere to the deadlines stated for the program. Please observe the information in Payment Options to ensure that your payments are processed at the Bursar’s Office on time. Fees will be charged to your Oscar account on the due dates. Make sure you make all necessary payments on time in order to avoid a hold on your account. Students expecting financial aid must submit a letter from the Financial Aid Office stating the allocation and date of payments expected. Tuition and student fees are due according to the Registrar’s schedule for summer tuition.
Students who (with the Program Director’s approval) apply and register for LBAT programs after the deadlines are responsible for Program Fee payments according to the original deadlines at the time of application or at the time of the applicant's acceptance.
Non-Georgia Tech Student (Transient) Application Hints
- Apply Online (Step One to get an ID and login takes 1 week):
- Complete 2 application steps, and there are items that you must mail in to OIE - very detailed instructions are on the OIE web site, with a checklist on page 6 of the Transient/Special Instruction Packet. Other forms are also in this packet to be completed with signatures from your university.
- Apply in the specific order listed on the OIE website in order to be given an ID and login to complete the process (start early since it takes a week to get the ID and login).
- The complete application deadline for summer is FIRM - FEBRUARY 15th. No late applications from transients can be considered - the application is turned off then. You need to have done your footwork more than a week in advance to work through all the info to apply.