- School of Literature, Media, and Communication
Blake Leland received the Ph.D. in 1988 from Cornell University, and has taught in Georgia Tech's School of Literature, Media, and Communication since then. He teaches primarily in the degree program in Science Technology and Culture.
His scholarly work on the psychology of literary production, especially of poetry, has appeared in journals such as Diacritics, English Literary History, Genre, and Twentieth Century Literature. He is as well a practicing poet with poems published in The New Yorker, Epoch, Commonweal, Indiana Review, Atlanta Review, and a number of more ephemeral venues. His poetry has also been incorporated in a number of digital artworks both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Literary and Cultural Studies
- Science and Technology Studies
- United States
- Creativity in Context
- Literary Theory
- Science and Technology
- ENGL-1102: English Composition II
- LCC-2100: Intro-Sci,Tech & Culture
- LCC-3110: Sci, Tech & Romanticism
- LCC-3114: Sci, Tech & Modernism
- LCC-3226: Major Authors
- LMC-2050: Lit, Media, Comm Seminar
- LMC-2060: Intro to Lit Studies
- LMC-2100: Intro to STAC
- LMC-3110: Sci, Tech & Romanticism
- LMC-3114: Sci, Tech & Modernism
- LMC-3116: Sci Tech & Postmodernisms
- LMC-3204: Poetry and Poetics
- LMC-3226: Major Authors
- LMC-3512: Brit/Cont Romanticism
- LMC-3516: Lit & Cultural Modernism
- LMC-4200: Seminar Lit/Cult Theory
- LMC-6367: Literary & Cultural Theory
- On Occasion: Four Poets, One Year
- “An Abode Of Bliss: Plumtree’s Potted Meat and The Allegory of the Theologians”
In: The James Joyce Quarterly [Peer Reviewed]
- "Singing The Alphabet: Symbolic Ambivalence and Epic Origin"
In: Genre, Vol. 26, No. 2-3, pp. 133-154, Summer/Fall, 1993. [Peer Reviewed]
- "'Siete voi qui, Ser Brunetto?' Dante's Inferno XV as a Modernist Topic Place,"
In: English Literary History, Vol. 59, No. 4 [Peer Reviewed]
- "Psychotic Apotheosis: Visionary Iconicity and Poet's Fear in Ezra Pound's 'The Return,'"
In: Twentieth Century Literature, Vol. 38, No. 2 [Peer Reviewed]
- "Voodoo Economics: Sticking Pins in Eros,"
In: Diacritics, Vol. 18, No. 2, [Peer Reviewed]