Keung Yoon Bae
- School of Modern Languages
Keung Yoon “Becky” Bae is Assistant Professor of Korean Studies at the School of Modern Languages. Her most recent research examines the relationship between media production and the state in Korea, specifically looking at imperial regulation of colonial Korean cinema and the relationship between state and industry that was established at this time. She is interested in examining media works as both text and product, especially as product of government policy and corporate strategy. She has published works on global video gaming culture and esports, with a focus on South Korea, in anthologies such as Media technologies for work and play in East Asia; she has also published research on the advent of South Korean webcomics. She has a forthcomoing article on colonial Korean filmmakers in the Journal of Japanese and Korean Cinema.
- Harvard University, PhD. East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Harvard University, MA. Regional Studies in East Asia.
- Princeton University, AB. Comparative Literature.
- Digital Media
- Literary and Cultural Studies
- Media Studies
- Asia (East)
- East-Asian Studies
- Film History and Theory
- JAPN-3813: Special Topics: East Asian Cinema
- KOR-3415: Korean K-Pop/Film/Drama
- KOR-3813: Special Topics: East Asian Cinema
- KOR-4060: Media and Public Culture
- KOR-4813: Special Topics: East Asian Cinema
- KOR-4813: Special Topics: Korean Film and Culture
- KOR-6060: Media Pub Cult Korean
- ML-2500: Intro Cross-Cult Studies: East Asian Cinema