News: Ivan Allen College Faculty Named 2019 SLS Sustainability Fellows
Posted March 13, 2019
Five Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts faculty were name to the first cohort of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Faculty Fellows by Georgia Tech's Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain (SLS). The Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts are:
- Michael Best, associate professor, Sam Nunn School of International Affiars and the School of Interactive Computing
- Shatakshee Dhongde, associate professor, School of Economics
- Alice Favero, visiting assistant professor and lecturer, School of Public Policy
- Britta Kallin, associate professor of German, School of Modern Languages
- Neha Kumar, assistant professor, Sam Nunn School of International Affairs and the School of Interactive Computing
Along with three other Fellows from Scheller College of Business, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, the Ivan Allen College Fellows will work with SLS throughout 2019 to advance their teaching and research related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. In addition, the cohort will help SLS increase faculty engagement in RCE Greater Atlanta, their regional sustainability network.
Project goals for the Fellows span a variety of issues, including gender equality, poverty, climate change, sustainable communities, and economic development.
Read SLS's announcement for further information about the SDG Faculty Fellows and their work.
Contact For More Information
Director of Communications