Live in Madrid (June 24 to July 9), a city famous for its culture and nightlife, and in Granada (July 10 to July 26) and earn 6 credit hours of 3000-level Spanish, applicable towards a certificate in Spanish. Learn about current issues in politics, socio-economics, and sustainability in Spain and the European Union. Also, visit global Spanish companies and institutions. Experience a varied cultural program including an excursion to Alcudia de Guadix in Granada.
Madrid and Granada, Spain.
June 24 - July 26, 2017
- Madrid: International House (https://www.ihmadrid.com/en)
- Granada: Centro de Lenguas Modernas (http://www.clm-granada.com)
- In Madrid, live in a fully-equipped residence with three meals/day, laundry service and free wi-fi. Walk to all major Madrid downtown sites (http://www.residenciasanlorenzo.com/).
- In Granada, live with Spanish home-stay families in centrally located apartments with three meals daily, free wi-fi and weekly laundry service.
- SPAN 3694: Spain and the EU in the 21st Century
- SPAN 4693: Sustainability in Spanish
Total credits: 6
*Note: Students may participate in both LBAT Spain and the LBAT Mexico City during the same summer for a total of 12 credits.
SPAN 2002 or intermediate-level equivalent and good academic standing. Coursework is at the 3000 level and this program is conducted entirely in Spanish.
The Program Fee is $4500.
- For Madrid, fee includes airport transfer, classes at first-rate centrally located school, nearby housing in double rooms with private bath, laundry services, three meals/day, and free wi-fi as well as corporate visits, cultural excursions, and insurance.
- For Granada, fee includes classes at the University of Granada’s Centro de Lenguas Modernas, housing in pairs with homestay families, three meals per day with family, a three-night trip to Alcudía de Guadix, industry and non-profit visits, cultural excursions, and insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: Application fee, 6 credit hours tuition, internationall airline tickets, independent ground transportation and meals.
HOPE scholarships apply. The School of Modern Languages offers a small, competitive Campoamor Scholarship.
- $500 nonrefundable deposit due on application
- February 15, 2017: $2000
- March 15, 2017: $2000
Please adhere to the deadlines stated for the program. Please observe the information in Payment Options to ensure that your payments are processed at the Bursar’s Office on time. Fees will be charged to your Oscar account on the due dates. Make sure you make all necessary payments on time in order to avoid a hold on your account. Students expecting financial aid must submit a letter from the Financial Aid Office stating the allocation and date of payments expected. Tuition and student fees are due according to the Registrar’s schedule for summer tuition.
Students who choose not to participate in the program after submitting an application will be subject to the following non-negotiable fee schedule:
- Students canceling before January 15th will lose their $500.00 deposit.
- Students canceling after January 15th must pay 25% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after February 15th must pay 50% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after March 15th must pay 100% of the program fee.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
A pre-departure meeting will be scheduled in the spring semester for all accepted students.