Live in Madrid, a city famous for its culture and nightlife, and earn 6 credit hours of 3000-level coursework, applicable towards a certificate or minor in Spanish. Learn about current issues in politics, socio-economics, and immigration in Spain and the European Union. Visit global Spanish companies and institutions. Experience a varied cultural program.
This is what the LBAT Spain looks like:
June 23-July 25 2022
Students live in a fully-equipped residence (Residencia San Lorenzo) with three meals/day, laundry service and free wi-fi. Walking distance to all major Madrid downtown sites.
- SPAN 3694: Spain and the EU in the 21st Century
- SPAN 4694: Immigration in Spain and the EU
Total credits: 6
*Note: Students may combine the LBAT Spain with another early summer study abroad Spanish program for a total of 12 credits.
SPAN 2002 or intermediate-level equivalent and good academic standing. Coursework is at the 3000 level and this program is conducted entirely in Spanish.
The Program Fee is $4500.
- Fee includes airport transfer, classes at first-rate centrally located school, nearby housing in double rooms with private bath, laundry services, three meals/day, and free wi-fi as well as corporate visits, cultural excursions, and insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: 6 credit hours tuition, international airline tickets, independent ground transportation and meals.
HOPE scholarships apply. The School of Modern Languages also offers a small, competitive Campoamor Scholarship.
Students who choose not to participate in the program after being accepted in the program will be subject to the following non-negotiable fee schedule:
- Students canceling before January 15th will lose their $500.00 deposit.
- Students canceling after January 15th must pay 25% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after February 15th must pay 50% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after March 15th must pay 100% of the program fee.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
A pre-departure meeting will be scheduled in the spring semester for all accepted students. If you are interested in the program, please fill out this form.