Application Process and Scholarships
Apply for the Program
Application Deadline: January 15, 2017
If you are a Non-GT (Transient/Special) student, you are required to submit TWO separate applications to the Office of International Education. Please see the Application Procedures for Transient/Special/Non-Degree Students (Non-GT Students) for more details.
Students are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Georgia Tech students may apply to the Program Director for for the Modern Languages' Campoamor scholarship (appr. $400). HOPE scholarship does apply.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Mexico Program Costs
6-credit program: $2995 plus non-refundable $200 application fee.
Program Fee Covers:
- ground transportation for excursions and company visits
- housing with a Mexican family
- two meals/day (breakfast, supper)
- travel and lodging in Puebla
- tours of city and cultural sites, professional visits
- cooking lesson with one of Mexico City's accomplished chefs
- health, evacuation and repatriation insurance…and MORE!
Program fee does not cover tuition and GT fees or roundtrip airfare from Atlanta to Mexico & Mexico to Atlanta.
Payment Schedule and Deadlines
- Application deadline: January 15, 2017 (may be extended if program not full)
- Application deadline for early acceptance: November 15, 2016
- Program application fee of $200 payable on application. Please note: The Program Director does not receive your application until all items of the application package have been submitted and reviewed by OIE, including transcript and application fee.
- First program fee payment. January 27, 2017: $1050
- Second program fee payment. February 24, 2017: $1045
- Final program fee payment. March 17, 2017: $900
Fee Payment Information: Please adhere to the deadlines stated for the program. Please observe the information in Payment Options to ensure that your payments are processed at the Bursar’s Office on time. Fees will be charged to your Oscar account on the due dates. Make sure you make all necessary payments on time in order to avoid a hold on your account. Students expecting financial aid must submit a letter from the Financial Aid Office stating the allocation and date of payments expected. Tuition and student fees are due according to the Registrar’s schedule for summer tuition.
Students who (with the Program Director’s approval) apply and register for LBAT programs after the deadlines are responsible for Program Fee payments according to the original deadlines at the time of application or at the time of the applicant's acceptance.
If you are relying on financial aid for payment of program fees please contact the program director and present evidence of financial aid for payment deferral requests.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.