Since its inception in the summer of 2010, the Korean LBAT (Language Business And Technology) program has developed as one of the major study-abroad programs of School of Modern Languages. Currently, the program accommodates three levels: high-beginner (2nd year level), intermediate (3rd year level), and high-intermediate (4th year level). During the 8 week program in Seoul, Korea, students will learn the Korean language intensively in an immersed environment, visit top-tier companies and research centers of Korea, experience the vibrant culture of dynamic Korea. Through this program, students enhance cultural competence, broaden their horizons, and better prepare themselves for the future as international human assets.
Due to uncertain circumstances of Korea regarding the covid-19 and social distancing restrictions and rules mandated by the Korean government, the 2021 Summer program pivoted to an online mode. All classes will be running online via BlueJeans.
May 17, 2021 - July 29, 2021 (Early Summer and Late Summer Schedule)
Yonsei University, in Seoul, South Korea (Capital city of Korea). Even in 2021, Yonsei instructors and tutors will participate as online tutors or virtual tour guides.
You will stay at COZYBOX or some other available local housing facilities including boarding houses and dormitories for international students. Not applicable to 2021 Program.
- KOR 2691: Intensive Intermediate Korean 1. Mode of class: Asynchronous online. Early summer (May 17 ~ June 22, 2021)
- KOR 2692: Intensive Intermediate Korean 2. Mode of class: Asynchronous online. Late Summer (June 23, July 29)
- KOR 3693: Exploring Modern Korea. Mode of class: Synchronous online MWF 9:30-12:15. Late Summer (June 23, July 29)
Third-Year & Fourth-Year
- KOR 3691: Business Korean. Mode of class: Synchronous online MWF 9:30-12:15. Early summer (May 17 ~ June 22, 2021)
- KOR 3693: Exploring Modern Korea. Mode of class: Synchronous online MWF 9:30-12:15 Late Summer (June 23~ July 29, 2021)
- KOR 4692 Korean Industry: K-entertainment, K-Food, K-Beauty (Repeatable). Mode of class: Synchronous online MWF 12:30-3:15 Late Summer (June 23~ July 29, 2021)
Prerequisites: No pre-requisites for LBAT Korea
However, we assume that the second-year candidates have completed basic level Korean courses, the third-year candidates have completed low intermediate level courses, and the four-year candidates have completed high-intermediate or low advanced level courses by the spring of 2021.
Students who didn't take any relevant courses before applying to the program need to contact the program director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Participants will be charged only for the courses they are taking. (No application/program fees for a virtual program).
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
Please complete your application on the link below by March 25, 2021 to take courses offered through the virtual Korean LBAT program.
Apply Online: https://atlas.gatech.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgramAngular&id=10095#contact