Study Russian in Russian-speaking Riga, Lavia and the ever-vibrant city of St. Petersburg!
16+ hrs. per week intensive in-class Russian study in a small classroom setting.
- "Intensive Elementary Russian II" (3 credits, RUSS 1692)
- "Intensive Intermediate Russian I" (3 credits, RUSS 2961)
- "Intensive Intermediate Russian II" (3 credits, RUSS 2962)
In and around Riga:
- Riga old city
- Courland (Kemeri bog walk; Open-Air Museum at the Juglas lake; Livonian castle; Kuldige)
- Wooden Riga (outlying and poorer areas, museum of wooden Riga; Riga market)
- Gauja National Park area and Sigulda castle
- Riga Russian Drama Theater
- 2 day trip to Vilnius, Lithuania, (for project GO participants only)
- 4 day trip to Cracow, Poland, (for project GO participants only)
Excursions highlight the multicultural heritage of these areas, as well as the Russian and Soviet experience.
In and around Petersburg:
- City tour
In and around Moscow:
- Moscow, Kremlin
- Tretyakov Gallery
- Cosmos Museum
- Victory Park
- Romanov Chambers
Exact excursions subject to change.
All students stay in individual homestays with Russian-speaking families.
- Program fee – $4000. Fee includes homestay with daily breakfast and dinner, cultural excursions, including Moscow trip, visa, insurance, transportation between sites and for the cultural program, books, airport pickup on May 11 or 12. Price excludes tuition and airfare.
- Nine credits tuition (out-of-state students pay in-state tuition and fees plus $250)
- Non-refundable application fee – $250
The first installment of the program fee ($2000) will be due on March 1.
The final installment ($2000) will be due on April 1.
Payments are non-refundable.