Study Russian in Russian-speaking Riga, Lavia and the ever-vibrant city of St. Petersburg!
16+ hrs. per week intensive in-class Russian study in a small classroom setting.
- "Intensive Elementary Russian II" (3 credits, RUSS 1692)
- "Intensive Intermediate Russian I" (3 credits, RUSS 2961)
- "Intensive Intermediate Russian II" (3 credits, RUSS 2962)
In and around Riga:
- Riga old city
- Courland (Kemeri bog walk; Open-Air Museum at the Juglas lake; Livonian castle; Kuldige)
- Wooden Riga (outlying and poorer areas, museum of wooden Riga; Riga market)
- Gauja National Park area and Sigulda castle
- Riga Russian Drama Theater
- 2 day trip to Vilnius, Lithuania, (for project GO participants only)
- 4 day trip to Cracow, Poland, (for project GO participants only)
Excursions highlight the multicultural heritage of these areas, as well as the Russian and Soviet experience.
In and around Petersburg:
- City tour
In and around Moscow:
- Moscow, Kremlin
- Tretyakov Gallery
- Cosmos Museum
- Victory Park
- Romanov Chambers
Exact excursions subject to change.
All students stay in individual homestays with Russian-speaking families.
- Program fee – $4500. Fee includes homestay with daily breakfast and dinner, cultural excursions, including Moscow trip, visa, insurance, transportation between sites and for the cultural program, books, airport pickup on May 9 or 10. Price excludes tuition and airfare.
- Nine credits tuition (out-of-state students pay in-state tuition)
- Non-refundable application fee – $250
The first installment of the program fee ($2250) will be due on March 1.
The final installment ($2250) will be due on April 1.
Payments are non-refundable.