Study Russian in Russian-speaking Riga, Latvia!
Intensive in-class Russian study in a small classroom setting.
- "Intensive Elementary Russian II" (3 credits, RUSS 1692)
- "Intensive Intermediate Russian I" (3 credits, RUSS 2961)
- "Intensive Intermediate Russian II" (3 credits, RUSS 2962)
In and around Riga and the Baltics:
- Riga old city
- Cēsis castle and canoeing in Gauja National Park
- Open-air Ethnographic Museum and Soviet-era nuclear bunker
- Art Nouveau Riga
- 3 day trip to Tallinn, Estonia
- Roundtable with university students
- Break during local midsummer holiday of Ligo
Excursions highlight the multicultural heritage of the area, as well as the Soviet experience. Exact excursions subject to change. All except the roundtable can be done in English or Russian.
All students stay in individual homestays with Russian-speaking families.
- Program Fee: $5600 (after program and School of Modern Languages early-bird discounts for application by Jan. 15; otherwise $6600). Fee includes homestay with daily breakfast and dinner, cultural excursions, including Vilnius trip, insurance, books, airport pickup. Price excludes tuition and airfare.
- Nine credits tuition (out-of-state students pay in-state tuition)
- Application fee – $250
The first installment of the program fee will be due on March 15.
The final installment will be due on April 15.