This program is a complete cross-cultural experience that includes classes, culture, community, and homestay.
Learn about the everyday life of Spain by living with a host family.
Enjoy various cultural activities with your professors.
Take advantage of two free, long weekends to travel to other cities and countries on your own.
*Students with no previous language study are welcomed and encouraged to apply to this program!
Known as Spain's most beautiful city and famous worldwide for its culture, monuments, traditions, and artistic heritage, Seville was voted the top place in the world to visit in 2018 by Lonely Planet.
An overview of the city of Seville is available on YouTube.
Not running in 2023. Looking forward to 2024!
Centro MundoLengua (https://www.centromundolengua.com/locations/seville)
An overview of the Centro MundoLengua school is available on YouTube.
Homestay with a Spanish family in centrally located apartments with three meals daily, free wi-fi, and weekly laundry service.
An overview of what it's like living with a host family is available on YouTube.
Students choose one of the following options:
- SPAN 1001 & 1002: Introductory Spanish with an emphasis on culture
- SPAN 1002 & 2001: Intro-Intermediate Spanish with an emphasis on culture
- SPAN 2001 & 2002: Intermediate Spanish with an emphasis on culture
- SPAN 2002 & 3813: Intermediate-advanced Spanish with an emphasis on culture
Total credits: 6
*Note: Students may combine Spain Visit & Live it! with a later summer LBAT to earn 12 credits in a single summer.
None. *Students who have had no language study are encouraged to apply to this program!
- The Program Fee is $4,500. Fee includes classes at Georgia Tech host institution Centro MundoLengua, housing in pairs with homestay families, three meals per day with family, laundry services, wi-fi, multiple cultural activities, and health insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: $200 non-refundable deposit, 6 credit hours tuition, international airline tickets, independent ground transportation, and meals outside of the host home.
- HOPE scholarships apply. The School of Modern Languages offers a small competitive Campoamor Scholarship. Contact OIE for other potential funding opportunities.
- $200 nonrefundable deposit due upon application
- Feb. 15, 2023: $2500
- March 30, 2023: $2000
Please adhere to the deadlines stated for the program. Please observe the information in Payment Options to ensure that your payments are processed at the Bursar’s Office on time. Fees will be charged to your Oscar account on the due dates. Make sure you make all necessary payments on time in order to avoid a hold on your account. Students expecting financial aid must submit a letter from the Financial Aid Office stating the allocation and date of payments expected. Tuition and student fees are due according to the Registrar’s schedule for summer tuition.
Students who choose not to participate in the program after being accepted in the program will be subject to the following non-negotiable fee schedule:
- Students canceling before Jan. 15th will lose their $200.00 deposit.
- Students canceling after Jan. 15th must pay 25% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after Feb. 15th must pay 50% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after March 15th must pay 100% of the program fee.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
Mandatory Meetings for Participants:
Get-to-Know-Everyone Meeting: TBD
Ready-to-Go Pre-departure Meeting: TBD