This is a complete cross-cultural experience that has a little bit of everything - classes, community, travel, and homestay!
Known as Spain's most beautiful city and famous worldwide for its culture, monuments, traditions and artistic heritage, Seville was voted top place in the world to visit in 2018 by Lonely Planet.
Learn about the everyday life of Spain by living with a host family and participating in a partner program with Spanish natives.
Enjoy various cultural activities, an excursion to Ronda (a one-of-a-kind mountain top city with spectacular views) and a trip to Tavira (a charming town on the Algarve coast of Portugal).
Take advantage of 3 free weekends to explore beautiful Seville, or travel to other cities and countries on your own.
*Students with no previous language study are welcomed and encouraged to apply to this program!
An overview of the city of Seville is available on YouTube.
May 11 - June 13, 2019
Centro MundoLengua (https://www.centromundolengua.com/locations/seville)
An overview of the Centro MundoLengua school is available on YouTube.
Homestay with a Spanish family in centrally located apartments with three meals daily, free wi-fi and weekly laundry service.
An overview of what it's like living with a host family is available on YouTube.
Students choose one of the following options:
- SPAN 1001 & 1002: Elementary Spanish with an emphasis on Culture
- SPAN 2001 & 2002: Intermediate Spanish with an emphasis on Culture
Total credits: 6
*Note: Students may combine Visit & Live it! Spain with LBAT Spain, LBAT Mexico, or LBAT Ecuador during the same summer to earn 12 credits.
None. *Students who have had no language study are encouraged to apply to this program!
- The Program Fee is $4,400. Fee includes classes at Georgia Tech host institution Centro MundoLengua, housing in pairs with homestay families, three meals per day with family, laundry services, wi-fi, a trip to Ronda, a trip to Tavira, multiple cultural excursions, and health insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: 6 credit hours tuition, international airline tickets, independent ground transportation and meals outside of the host home.
- HOPE scholarships apply. The School of Modern Languages offers a small competitive Campoamor Scholarship. Contact OIE for other potential funding opportunities.
- $200 nonrefundable deposit due upon application
- Feb. 15, 2019: $2200
- Mar. 30, 2019: $2000
Please adhere to the deadlines stated for the program. Please observe the information in Payment Options to ensure that your payments are processed at the Bursar’s Office on time. Fees will be charged to your Oscar account on the due dates. Make sure you make all necessary payments on time in order to avoid a hold on your account. Students expecting financial aid must submit a letter from the Financial Aid Office stating the allocation and date of payments expected. Tuition and student fees are due according to the Registrar’s schedule for summer tuition.
Students who choose not to participate in the program after being accepted in the program will be subject to the following non-negotiable fee schedule:
- Students canceling before January 15th will lose their $200.00 deposit.
- Students canceling after January 15th must pay 25% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after February 15th must pay 50% of the program fee.
- Students canceling after March 15th must pay 100% of the program fee.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
Tuesday, October 16th at 11:00 in Swann 106
Thursday, November 8th at 11:00 in Swann 320
Mandatory Meeting for Participants:
Get-to-Know-Everyone / Pre-Departure Meeting: TBD