This is a complete immersion study abroad for intermediate language learners. It is designed to improve reading, writing, listening and speaking skills though a cross-cultural experience that includes classes, field work, and community.
A city famous for its culture, history, architecture, and nightlife, Seville is a special place. Learn about the everyday life of Spain by living with a host family and participating in conversation partners with native speakers.
Enjoy a comprehensive program that includes various cultural activities and an excursion to Ronda and los Pueblos Blancos.
Take advantage of three free weekends to explore beautiful Seville, or travel to other cities and countries on your own.
Seville, Spain *For an overview of the city, watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuYuEU2WED8.
May 13 - June 15, 2017
Centro MundoLengua (https://www.centromundolengua.com/locations/seville) *For an overview of the school, watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt5DU7MsjFc.
Homestay with a Spanish family in centrally located apartments with three meals daily, free wi-fi and weekly laundry service. *For an overview of what it's like living with a host family, watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHMFIvvswqY.
Students choose one of the following options:
- SPAN 2001: Intermediate Spanish I and SPAN 2002: Intermediate Spanish II
- SPAN 3101/3102: Spanish Conversation I or II and SPAN 3813: Special Topics
Total credits: 6
SPAN 1002, 1102 or high beginner/low intermediate-level equivalent and good academic standing.
- The Program Fee is $4,300. Fee includes classes at GT host institution Centro MundoLengua, housing in pairs with homestay families, three meals per day with family, laundry services, free wifi, a field trip to Ronda and los Pueblos Blancos, multiple cultural activities and excursions, and insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: 6 credit hours tuition, international airline tickets, independent ground transportation and meals outside of the host home.
- HOPE scholarships apply. The School of Modern Languages offers a small competitive Campoamor Scholarship. Contact OIE for other potential funding opportunities.
- $200 nonrefundable deposit due on application
- February 28, 2017: $2100
- March 28, 2017: $2000
Please adhere to the deadlines stated for the program. Please observe the information in Payment Options to ensure that your payments are processed at the Bursar’s Office on time. Fees will be charged to your Oscar account on the due dates. Make sure you make all necessary payments on time in order to avoid a hold on your account. Students expecting financial aid must submit a letter from the Financial Aid Office stating the allocation and date of payments expected. Tuition and student fees are due according to the Registrar’s schedule for summer tuition.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants' safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
Meet and Greet for students who are attending:
Thursday, March 2nd, at 6:15 in Swann 206.