Samba.sy [at] modlangs.gatech.edu
Additional program details are available on the LBAT Senegal Program Site.
Study for five weeks in Dakar, Senegal. Dakar is a very safe, modern city with malls, beaches, markets, and a vibrant cultural scene. Senegal is a democratic country and has a tolerant, open society, with many Western expatriates. It is one of the major tourist destinations in Africa (about a million visitors a year). The program includes a homestay with Senegalese families as well as several cultural excursions. There are beginner, intermediate, and advanced program options and students have the opportunity to earn up to 9 credits.
June 23 - July 29, 2017
West African Research Center (WARC)
Homestay with Senegalese families
- 6 credits in FREN/ML (HUM requirement)
- 3 more possible credits (research)
- Intermediate: FREN 2001 or adequate score (400+) on ML placement test for French
- Advanced: FREN 2001 with an "A" or adequate score (400+) on ML placement test for French
- The Program Fee is $3714. Fee includes: books and supplies, housing cost, meals, local transportation, field trips, and study abroad insurance.
- Program Fee does not include: Application fee, tuition, internationall airline tickets.
Students who choose not to participate in the program after submitting an application will be subjected to the following fee schedule:
* Students canceling BEFORE February 20th, 2017 will lose their $250.00 application fee.
* Students canceling AFTER February 20th, 2017 must pay 30% of the program fee.
* Students canceling AFTER March 30th, 2017 must pay 100% of the program fee.
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants’ safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
MWF 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm