Study for five weeks in Dakar, Senegal. Dakar is a very safe, modern city with malls, beaches, markets, and a vibrant cultural scene. Senegal is a democratic country and has a tolerant, open society, with many Western expatriates. It is one of the major tourist destinations in Africa (about a million visitors a year). The program includes a homestay with Senegalese families as well as several cultural excursions. There are intermediate and advanced program options and students have the opportunity to earn up to 7 credits.
June 25 - July 31, 2020
West African Research Center (WARC)
Homestay with Senegalese families
- Required: 6 credits in FRENCH
- FREN 3500 Field Work Abroad
- FREN 3551 French for the Professions I
- Elective: 1 credit in WOLOF
- WOLO 1801
- FREN 2002 with an "A" or adequate score (400+) on ML placement test for French, or consent of instructor
- The Program Charge is $3750. Fee includes: books and supplies, housing cost, meals, local transportation, field trips, and study abroad insurance.
- First payment of $1875 is due on March 15, 2020. The remaining balance ($1875) is due on April 15, 2020.
- Program Fee does not include: Application fee, tuition, international airline tickets.
Students who choose not to participate in the program after submitting an application will be subjected to the following fee schedule:
- Students canceling BEFORE February 15th, 2020 will lose their $250.00 application fee.
- Students canceling AFTER February 15th, 2020 must pay 25% of the program fee.
- Students canceling AFTER March 15th, 2020 must pay 50% of the program fee.
- Students canceling AFTER April 15th, 2020 must pay 100% of the program fee
Program descriptions and fees are subject to final approval by educational units and the Office of International Education. Georgia Tech reserves the right to alter or cancel this program due to low enrollment, unavailability of a professor to teach a planned course, or other unforeseen circumstances. Once Georgia Tech has made payments to service providers, or if Georgia Tech cancels the program before departure or while the program is in progress for reasons beyond its control, such as political unrest or danger to participants’ safety, only those fees that Georgia Tech is able to have refunded by service providers will be returned to participants. If a student withdraws from the program, the student will be responsible for the payment of all fees.
MWF 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm and by appointment