Lecturer of Japanese
- School of Modern Languages
Aya McDaniel (Nakanishi) joined the School of Modern Languages as a Japanese language instructor in 2014. She earned her M.A. in Foreign Language Education and Research from Kansai University, Osaka Japan. She started her teaching career as a fellow at Emory University, where she continued to teach as full-time instructor until she came to Georgia Institute of Technology. Her research interest is in the development classroom activities and materials. She has presented her papers at ACTFL Convention, AATJ Conference and others. She has made a kanji textbook and a workbook for Intermediate Japanese class with Dr. Masuda.
She was awarded GATJ Teacher of the Year in 2019.
She is the president of Georgia Association of Teachers of Japanese for 20-21.
- JAPN-1001: Elementary Japanese I
- JAPN-1002: Elementary Japanese II
- JAPN-2001: Intermediate Japanese I
- JAPN-2002: Intermediate Japanese II
- JAPN-3001: Advanced Japanese I
- JAPN-3693: Japan Today