The School of Modern Languages is happy to be able to offer two scholarship opportunities for study in Taiwan:
Huayu Enrichment Scholarship
The Ministry of Education (MOE) in the Republic of China (Taiwan) provides the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship for foreign Mandarin/Chinese learners including beginners to study at any accredited Mandarin center in a university or college in Taiwan. The scholarship is for study in Summer 2018, either June - July or July - August.
- Complete the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES) form
- Suggested Mandarin language center: Mandarin Training Center at Taiwan Normal University
- See announcement and directions for international students
- Note: you can't be a ROC national. According to Nationality Act, a person shall have the nationality of the ROC under any of the conditions provided by the following Subparagraphs: 1. His/her father or mother was a national of the ROC when he/she was born.
- Submit your application materials to Dr. Foster by March 15, 2018
Note: The Chinese group will make the 4 nominations after receiving and reviewing the application materials. Application materials will be ranked and then passed on directly to TECRO by their March 31 deadline.
Taiwan Scholarship Program (2-4 Year Scholarship)
In order to encourage outstanding international students to undertake degree studies in Taiwan, the Ministry of Education (MOE) in the Republic of China (Taiwan) has established the Taiwan Scholarship Program. The maximum period of each scholarship is four years for undergraduate programs, two years for master programs, and four years for doctorate programs. For more information, please visit the Taiwan Scholarship's website.
- Complete the Taiwan Scholarship application form
- Submit the application directly to TECRO by March 31, 2018